Who will help?
Who are the best people at WPA to talk to about my child’s difficulties with learning/ Special Educational Needs or disability (SEND)?
Our SENDco, Mrs Gladwin
- Coordinating the support for children with special educational needs or disabilities (SEND) and developing the school’s SEND Policy to make sure all children get a consistent, high quality response to meeting their needs in school.
- Ensuring that parents are:
- involved in supporting their child’s learning
- kept informed about the support their child is getting
- involved in reviewing the progress their child is making
- Liaising with all the other people who may be coming into school to help support your child’s learning for example Speech and Language Therapy, Educational Psychology, Advisory teachers.
- Updating the school’s SEND records (a system for ensuring all the SEND needs of pupils in this school are known) and making sure that detailed records of your child’s progress and needs are kept up to date.
- Providing specialist support for teachers and support staff in the school so they can help children with SEND in the school achieve the best progress possible.
- Contacting parents and meeting as necessary to discuss the progress, needs and provision of pupils with SEND.
Principal– Mrs Basilone
- The day to day management of all aspects of the school, this includes the support for children with SEND.
- She will give responsibility to the class teachers and SENDco but is still responsible for ensuring that your child’s needs are met.
- She must make sure that the Governing Body is kept up to date about any issues in the school relating to SEND.
SEN Governor – Mrs Jodie Croft
Making sure that the necessary support is made for pupils who attend the school who has SEND, including ensuring WPA follows policy and pocedure regarding SEND.